Sunday, July 27, 2008

To Cleanse or not to Cleanse?


For the past few weeks my husband, David, has been wanting to try this crazy "Master Cleanse" diet. He had good intentions and really wanted to do it to be healthier & "cleanse" himself. Not just to loose weight, like most women would do. Anyway, I thought it sounded crazy, and tried to talk him out of it. Lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, & water is what the mixture is made of. Yuck! This diet consist of only that mixture for 10 days. I think he was determined to see what his body could handle more than anything.

Saturday was the big day. He went and bought all the ingredients which ended up costing more than we thought, due to the special syrup. But, I guess since he would not be eating anything else for 10 days, we would actually save some $ this week. Saturday morning he started it and seemed to be very excited at the challenge! Saturday afternoon, things were going pretty good. Saturday night, Davis & I went out to eat with my family and left David at home nursing a headache. By the time we got home (8:00) the diet was over! And I think that one day was cleansing enough. I actually think it's a little funny, but I would never say "I told you so". Well maybe I would!

So I guess the answer is....Not to Cleanse. Or maybe just cleanse a little, Like for one day!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

K...Justin's boss does that four times a year. He is so dedicated to it that he didn't even eat at the big banquet this year. I don't see how anyone can do that!

micahking said...

I am glad David gave it up! I think I would throw up drinking that concoctuion!

Emily said...

I will not tell my husband about this. This totally sounds like something he would try!

Jenny Seymore said...

Ha! I've personally wondered about that before but at the end of the day...I'm a big wuss and would never be able to go multiple days with only drinking that stuff...I've heard it's awful!

Rusty said...

So you never told us what came out of him. We need details.